2014 Gen Now: Communicating Among Generations
When & Where
Wayne State University Oakland Center
33737 West Twelve Mile Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48331
Wednesday, February 12, 2014 from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM (EST)
World-renowned Lance Richards and Jason Morga of Kelly Services will explore ways of communicating, motivating and creating a workplace that brings out the best in each of the various generations in the workplace today.
Exciting topics of this session will include include:
- How generations of skilled and knowledge workers collaborate to realize that a shared vision drives ground-breaking innovation and productivity.
- How this workforce aims to accumulate results, rather than hours at a desk.
- How experts of all ages work from home, a hotel, the airport lounge or anywhere else they can, and leverage technology to perform meaningful, engaging work that really makes a difference.
- Personal connections: This upbeat, eclectic bunch of workers forges bonds via instant messaging and social media, and a shared passion for their work.
- Motivations: Change is exciting; it is embraced and sought out, not avoided. Education is ingrained in the culture, but not in the traditional sense or structures. Here, everyone learns. And everyone teaches.
- ROI: Office costs are comparatively low, given the flexible just-in-time work model employed. These savings, along with sustained profitability, make for a healthy bottom line, which in turn makes room for investment. This kind of organization’s brand just keeps evolving and its followers multiply.
|8:30 a.m. — 9:00 a.m.
||Registration and refreshments
|9:00 a.m. — 11:00 a.m.
|11:00 a.m. — 11:30 a.m.
Individual Registration, Member — $40*
Individual Registration, Non-member — $60*
*Buy one get one Free!