Michigan is among the first states in the country to form a state affiliate of the National Diversity Council (NDC). Launched in April 2009, this organization complements existing diversity initiatives in Michigan by providing ongoing learning opportunities, discussion and best practice sharing among leading companies and diversity professionals.
How we’re making a difference…
The mission of the Michigan Diversity Council (MIDC) is to enhance appreciation for and understanding of the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
MIDC champions diversity as a business imperative and serves as a resource for organizations seeking to develop their diversity and inclusion efforts. MIDC provides opportunities that:
- Advance corporate leadership, education and awareness of the various dimensions of diversity
- Engage professionals to discuss issues, challenge attitudes and promote organizational change that supports diversity
- Encourage a diverse Michigan talent pool through outreach efforts that connect businesses and other hiring institutions with youth entering the workforce
By cultivating the unique talents, experiences and backgrounds of current and future employees, Michigan businesses will be seen as leaders in the global marketplace, and the state will be regarded as a great place to live and work.
Our learning opportunities cover a breadth of topics designed to keep professionals up-to-date with current organizational diversity trends. Topics reflect the learning needs expressed by our membership base, enabling attendees to find solutions to many of their greatest diversity challenges.
Programming topics include:
- Supplier Diversity
- Strategic Diversity Planning
- Diversity Best Practices Forum
- A Fresh Approach to Employee Resource Groups
- Measuring Success: How Effective is Your Diversity Program?
- Innovative Diversity Training
- The Language of Diversity
- Promoting a LGBT Inclusive Workplace
- Hiring Persons with Disabilities
- Cultural I.Q.: Putting Cultural Intelligence to Work for your Organization
- Generations in the Workplace
Signature Events & Special Conferences
- Michigan CEO Diversity Forum
- Moving Forward: MIDC Annual Women’s Conference
- The Diversity Conference; in partnership with the Detroit Regional Chamber
The NDC and the MIDC are member-driven organizations. Programming, events and
publications are developed and led by member companies/individuals.